
Our house is full of homemade paper books bound with tape, plastic figures with beads tightly wound around their necks, and stuffed animals dressed in tutus. I love these little pieces of Fin because it reminds me what a gift she is. Finley turned 5 last week, and I am having mixed emotions about it. I know the day is coming soon when I drop her off at Kindergarten, which is exciting and sad at the same time. I can remember the day that I brought her home from the hospital like it was yesterday. In one day, everything in my life changed. I was challenged in a way that I had never been challenged, but also experienced a love that I had never known. Some days, I love her so much that I think my heart might explode. She brings so much to our family, laughter, joy, excitement, creativity. The word that best describes her though is LOVE. That girl was born with an instinct on how to love people, which really blesses me as her mother. Some days, she will whisper in my ear, "mom, your the best mom ever." And other days, she will tell me that I am "the best cook ever" (usually when I heat up a frozen pizza). At Ryder's gymnastic class last week, she colored a sign with the word "LOVE" across the top and held it up to the glass for him to see. I'm not sure if he ever noticed it, but the effort was precious. One day, I was explaining to her that not all kids have toys. Her immediate response was, "Ryder, I need to go get the step stool!" When I asked why, she told me that she "needed to get her piggy bank so that she could give them her money for toys." I think she has a couple of pennies in there, but again, precious. Just this morning, she heard me telling papa "happy birthday," and she raced to the table with a paper and a marker to make him a happy birthday card. I just love her so much, and so grateful for the way she teaches me how to love. Happy Birthday sweet girl! I am beyond blessed to be your mommy!
 |
|







1 comment:
My heart explodes also with every thought of sweet Finley. There is just NO one quite like HER! I love that she wore some of her "new" birthday outfits to her party. She looks JUST precious! (Yes, I do caps for emphasis!) :^) The pictures of her are just so cute. I wish you could just package her up and send her to me so I could love on her! I miss you BOTH so much....and,yes, I miss Daley, Ryder, AND Ted also!
Post a Comment